Sunday, November 05, 2006

of christenings and reminiscing...

Even if all I had hopes of hitting the spa yesterday, I didn't get to go. and why? I got myself splurging on stuff along the way. Hahaha. I got me some new possessions: a nice black and white tote bag, 3 new blouses and 1 pricey pair of jeans. And for what? Well, I just find shopping therapeutic. I was smiling ear to ear carrying all the shopping bags as I looked on for other potential buys. When I got home, my mom said I might be sick already, but then she was quick to realize too, that what'd I do naman with my hard-earned munny--ofcourse, spend it--right???

Massage will come in later and it's fo-sho!!! My mom's even going with me.

Anyway going back to yesterday: My mom and I came up with this chocolate bouquet for Cha and the kids. It turned out well and it made a great centerpiece for the gifts table, if I may say. Hahahaha. I think my mom and I are going to make a career out of it. May dad even said: may racket na naman kayo!!!

So off I went to Cha's at around 4pm'ish. I took Ayee with me. I had a hard time parking, if it weren't for Johann. Ever the helpful friend that he is, he found me a spot. Yey. But you should have seen how frustrated I was not being able to have it any easier. Bwehehehehe. After parking, Johann and I went in and Cha welcomed me and asked me together with Johann to go up and see the baby. We didn't catch him there. Apparently, he was in the living room with yaya. Photo ops, ofcourse. Weeeee, I got to carry Baby Philip Richard. He was so tiny and cute. You know how much of a sucker for kids I am... anyhoo, it's so weird cuz yaya thought that me and Johann were a couple cuz Kuya Bannie took a picture of us with the baby. Oh no!!! Anyway, after the photo ops, I joined Miss J and Nel and teacher Dottie and a friend. Lem was there too very busy with his gameboy. The food was great as always. Cha really has a knack for these things. I absolutely loved the lengua and the mixed veggies. After eating and catching up with Nel and meeting teacher Dottie, Miss J and I went outside to wait for Renee and Sir Gines. Johann was there and he was smoking with a certain Cocoy and if I'm not mistaken, he's from Crossover. Anyway, Kuya Bannie joined us again and we were talking and talking when Sir Gines got there in a few. He did gain some weight but he still looked great. I miss his antics and boy, oh boy, are we in for a night full of such? You can bet on it!

We sat in a table together with Toni and her husband. Toni's actually a former Kool talent who's now at WRR. Sir Gines didn't wanna eat yet and so we spent most of the time tryna catch up with everyone's life. Renee came in late. Fashionably at that. Apparently, she had to run some errands for her folks. It would be the first time that she and Johann would be in the same event since they broke up last year. Hmmmh. Anyway, it turned out well and we all got lost in our conversations about love, life and the past. Even Ricky Reyes and Chika Mo, Chika Ko were topics not spared for the wonderful evening. The exchange of stories just kept on coming, but then me and Miss J had to call it a night since we were both getting sleepy. Keep in mind that I started the day quite early. Not to mention I was driving too. So a little before 9 I was already on the road home. Miss J and Kuya Bannie hitched a ride with me, and for the first time I'd be driving at night, by my lonesome and over at no less than Elliptical Road..wohoo!!! I arrived safe and sound and just 10 minutes before a downpour.

Uncle got me worried about Ayee though. He said he smelled something burnt. That got me worried too since he also pointed out a trail of liquid from where I came from to where I parked. But I checked the temp and all the gauges for any possible abnormalities but I thought everything was fine. And it was, just that the steering fluid, according to my dad, was already spent.

Anyway, the day ended well. I was sound asleep by around 12midnight. I waited for Venus to go online but she didn't, and so I was able to finish the music video I made for Chanchan and Leclec. I hope to put it up soon if I could. Hehehehe. I'm still tryna figure out how to use Adobe Audition so I could cut the music shorter.

I'm still missing my Chanchan. = ( but I'm thankful for days like these. Makes me feel blessed. It's just so wonderful that christenings are the just about the perfect time for reminiscing. It keeps you in touch with yourself and what you've become with the people around you helping you remember where you've been and why exactly you're doing what you're doing. Hahaha.

No comments: