Wednesday, June 29, 2005

a welcome hangover...



Been awhile since I last downed a bottle of beer…I had no opportunity to do so until last Friday. A friend owed me and another friend, dinner for something he got both of us into. Hehehe… I always looked forward to spending time with these people because not only do I have fun but I also get treated to some fun intellectual talks. Incidentally, a friend is actually in the rut of a relationship, having taken a sorta “vacation” from a 5 year affiliation. Twas then the running topic for the night--the premise being LOVE SUCKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS…side-tracking on what sort of love you want in your life and what could prolly be the best song for that kinna love you pine for. This then got me thinking for the next few days…I still couldn’t tell what I really want…so I suppose it be safe to say that I want the surprise me kind of love…the one that would prolly make me sing to the tune of ebtg’s I didn’t know I was looking for love..hehehehe…

It’s always refreshing to know what sort of love one wants and that prolly puts the much needed pressure on your part to seek that kind of love you think you deserve. But what do I know? I think my friend John was right in saying that love only sucks when get yourself in a situation where you fall for someone but you don’t really want that someone to love you back because there’s a possibility that the love wont be genuine but would rather become an obligation so to speak… Well I’ve been having a rough ride with the island boy myself and we’re perhaps constantly on vacation. It’s the “hard to accept” kinna thing with us. I still end up with the eternal, “ I dunno” remark. It’s just about the only thing I can hold on to…the mystery, the enigma, the big question mark. Sigh, sigh.

Anyway going back to Friday, the rains didn’t dampen our gimmicky spirits. We started out quite late at around 10ish. We wound up at gourdo’s first munching on salad and pizza til our man-host brought out the beers..hehehe. We weren’t really planning to but it was on our other friend’s agenda when she asked for some mudslide and declared, “I wanna get wasted”. It was prolly prophetic on her part, because she was in the brink of wastedom in the middle of discussing her bangs with another friend we so missed. Aaaah, the life. I barely spoke about my sentiments though. I dunno..something about the setting that made me think of other things besides. I’m just enjoying the moment. Savoring the time spent. No need really to blurt out my inner drama. It’s even quite embarrassing.

We called it a day at around 230ish and so I got home around 3ish in the mawnin… to think I’ve work in 3hours tops…hehehehe… oh but I had lots of fun. I’m looking forward to another one of these. I could need some of these…
I am actually looking forward to a great hangover one of these days…

No comments: