Monday, July 18, 2005

Tales of the drunken mastah-wannabe...


A big sigh--I didn’t get drunk the following Friday… I was sooo looking forward to getting drunk but the taste of my first beer turned me off. It’s the fort strip again, with prior week’s bunch minus John. I distinctly remember having a pianini for dinner. A welcome treat from Pasto with mac salad on the side and about a glass each of lemon and raspberry iced tea. Ofcourse I was in the company of a wonderful friend who never runs out of interesting kwentos. She was reminiscing about someone while we evesdrop on our next table neighbor… if only for the beer, my night would have been off the wall fantastic..hay…but no twas alright at least I got to see some friends. The whole point anyway was to spend quality time with friends. A week after our friend’s declaration of pseudo-liberation, there she was—on to the next battle. She confessed anyway that she’s gotten so used to be with somebody that she doesn’t really want to even know how it is to be alone. She also said that she doesn’t see any hope in getting back together with estranged boyfriend. I say, this could be true.

On to the next Friday, I spent time in the gym pondering about the days to come. I was rushing for no apparent reason but I managed to do an hour on the treadmill. I skipped the sauna and just spent a good 10 minutes on the shower…I dunno. All of a sudden, I felt alone. I needed the refuge of my home. My family. Must be the island boy thinking about how he can get back at me. Not getting back together though, but just getting back over my so called cheating…like duh??? Oh well..life…I just wish I could earn my masteral in drinking pretty soon. Darn it!!!

No comments: