Monday, June 13, 2005

emptying the can...


shooting the bullets again…

• It’s back to school. And boy, oh boy, do I feel really poor these days. It’s really tough when you pay for your own educational endeavors. Geez, I’d sometimes ask myself, why did I ever get myself into this in the first place? Beats me most of the time. But I know, I know. I’m investing for the future. I’m down to my thesis and my practicum. And now, practicum is underway- and it’s a bit scary. It’s only now that I am getting nagged by the thought: am I really cut out for this? Could this be my destiny? Or is it just one of those many phases that a creature of habit like my self periodically gets into? Bummer.
• Last week I only went to gold’s twice. So this week, I’m tryna make up for it for the entire week. I have to get my munny’s worth..hehehehe…
• Am I being too conservative or what? But I got shocked when I went to the dry sauna, some girl joined me and she took her towel off. She was in the nude and I found myself tryna avoid looking. Then I went to the steam room and there’s this mommy who did the same… so her breasts were hanging loosely for the world to see.
• I treated my sister and my pamangkins along with my grand kids to a snack at chowking last Saturday after tryna shop around at Circle C.
• It’s Ram’s 7th birthday. They didn’t prepare anything so I ended up buying palabok, cake and what have you for the little boy. He just requested for a cake but I bought food also for the rest of us, his well-wishers.
• I realize I am in deep debt…at least to myself. I only have a few grand on my account. But when I think about it even harder, it’s really the priceless moments I experienced over the weekend that mattered more. What would I do with lots and lots of munny if I’d be alone and no one to share it with? My dad talks about all the munny he has and how he wants me to handle everything cuz they’re all under my name. If I didn’t value pride of work as much as I do now, I could just stay at home and not do anything. Splurge here and there cuz my dad could afford it. But I’m not like that. He worked hard for all those. And I’m just happy that my parents are allowing me to work hard for my keep as well. I may not get a lot of zeros in my paychecks, but I’m happy in the fact that my jobs allow me to enjoy what I do minus the stress and it allowed me to work on my masters also.

1 comment:

sweetmisery said...

happy birthday to Ram! :)