Friday, September 08, 2006

the day i said...ackkkk!!!

What have I learned so far in the 30 years of my life? That life is scary? And a bit unfair at times?

Last Tuesday, I got the biggest scare of my life. My mom met an accident. She slipped on one step of our 4 step staircase. She hit her head on the edge of step and wounded her brow. Seven stitches had to be done to close it. But even before they could do that to her, her bp shot up to 200 over 100, making it even more difficult for the docs to close the bleeding right away. I got the call while I was still at work. I always get scared whenever they call me using the landline.

While I was in transit, it felt like it’s taking me forever to get home. I tried so hard to contain myself. I couldn’t rest easy phoning my brother, my sister, the house. That was a pretty scary trip. I was thinking of what I said before that I couldn’t forgive my dad for his philandering ways. And that whatever hardships my mom is taking is because of him. But right at that very moment, I was thinking that my mom’s faith is strong and God won’t let her down. It was prolly God’s way of talking to my dad. He too was taken aback by the situation. My sister said he started running for help when he saw the blood and couldn’t stand to look at my mom. He too was feeling pain in the chest. Everyone panicked. Who wouldn’t? Even I, myself from kilometers away was worried sick in the cabbie.

But prayer usually works for us. And that was the only thing I could do as I lay in the cab feeling helpless again. Thankfully, my mom, being a fighter that she is, was able to overcome it all. She’s already doing the things she used to do. Going up and down the stairs, going to and from the building sites and all. Hay… I love my mom so much. And it’s times like these that I appreciate the family I got. Yes, even my philandering dad.

A bunch of thanks to all of my friends who wished my mom well. It’s going down to the books folks. Deep in the heart too. Thanks so much.


2 comments:

sweetmisery said...

glad your mom's okay now :)

Anonymous said...

wish i could say the same thing about my dad. not that i would want something like that to happen to my mom so that i'd be able to appreciate him (wag naman...)

good to know your mom's fine.