Thursday, August 10, 2006

shock therapy...

The weather is as fickle as ever. Been raining and been sunny and raining again and sunny again. Ahhhh… but life’s been good anyway. I really couldn’t complain. My family’s doing well. Nobody’s getting really sick despite. Mom’s been recovering well from her sprained arm while my condition has greatly improved. It’s been quite peaceful in the house except for some financial quirks here and there. The building’s almost complete. I can see my room from behind the stacks and stacks of cloth and what-have-you my mom’s been keeping at the third floor. I have been looking for possible designs for the room but I am already sure that green will be color. Since my dad just unplugged the water line to the supposed cr on my room, I told mama I’ll just turn it into a walk-in closet. I really am excited by this. After all these years- finally, a room for myself. A room that I will only share with my things and my creative clutter.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Driving’s been good. I suppose I just really needa work on my parking skills. Plus I needa have the aircon fixed and the clutch too. I had a hard time engaging first gear. Engine stalled about twice but nothing alarming really. I was able to manage and the best part of driving today was that I went through traffic. First time on my own. Hahahahaha… Twas a nice experience though.
Work’s been great too… I’m coming fresh from a workshop at dream… and even if we have negative sentiments about our new bosses handle some things, I would have to agree with my friend from the industry who said that I should appreciate the thought. I might take it for granted but when you really sit down and think about it, there’s hardly any other station that would care as much about their company as much as my bosses seem to really take this seriously. And for that, we have to give them a hand.

More than the things that we picked up from the said workshop, I know it sounds cheesy but I like the fact we got together as a team and just sat down and listen to us… listen to dream and just be kids and just do crazy things in between when the bosses aren’t looking… the feeling is just, I couldn’t even find the words to say it. I am truly lucky to belong to a wonderful bunch. God has been great to me. Definitely a dream team to me…

Moving to my other job…well, I have got to be honest but my passion is not as much as it used to be. I could even say it has waned over the years together reaching its peak when I got word that I of all people, the one who even got a friggin plaque for loyalty, wouldn’t be getting any increase. The job itself is enjoyable. My coworkers are wonderful also but it’s just the company. Imagine, I’ve been here since 2000. I really don’t need any recognition whatsoever, not even a title. But I just need what’s due me. The increase that comes with the tenure and that’s it. Is that too much to ask for in exchange for loyalty? I make it a point to still come to work when every single day, it’s been a struggle. I’m rarely absent though with reasoning summed up as “sayang ang miles!!!”… hahahahah…So what really keeps me here? Well it’s the job..i love the job. I could see myself doing something else, but I couldn’t see myself, not doing this. You get what I mean??? I love the people I work with… the people from the stations and my fellow broadcasters. There’s this sense of fulfillment I get from sitting here, reading from the viewer and delivering the sometimes, er most of the time stupid aobs which make us some munny..

Oh, on a lighter note, I just gave in to a craving. I wanted me some cheese muffin from Fig and even if I don’t have much munny, I still managed to get me a cuppy cake. I’m also excited for tomorrow. There’d be a sale at my fave shops, Topshop and Dorothy Perkins. I already set my eyes on that really nifty denim number from Dotty perks… I’m also uber excited to get me new belts and a pretty shirt… oh I just hope I could get in tomorrow. If not, I’m gonna faint… Bwehehehe…

In a not so welcome development, or perhaps something for the kilig department, I did something with this dj from another station. I’m not gonna go into details but let’s just say, I saw a different side of him that I actually thought was good, even nice. Pretty nice actually that I might actually end up either dreaming or dreading about it…Hala!!!

I’m all too sleepy now. ..still have a coupla rounds then we call it a night.


No comments: