Tuesday, November 01, 2005

When the cocks go shuttling



In the heat of the afternoon I dared go meet up with Lot to play baddie…

After months and months, I finally got reacquainted with my racquet… geez I thought I lost my game already…but after warming up for several minutes, got my groove back.

Playing from 230 to 4pm, twas no joke. Twas a good play at 75 bucks. Best deal for a play-all-you-can set up.  I’ve gotten used to shelling out more than that back at Smashville in Ortigas.  Sweat glands worked overtime that hallow’s afternoon.  I had to go back to the office right after. I’m having second thoughts of going to the gym since they’d be closing at 9 and I’m soooooo spent.  Gaddd.

I heard about an old acquaintance getting his girl pregnant. I wasn’t too shocked. I couldn’t be. Me the lola, remember?  Anyway, there goes another example of how we can’t have it all.  I wish his family well. I hope he’s ready for the big plunge into parenthood. I know I wouldn’t be. It’s pretty scary.

Flashback to Saturday…Rachelle, Cecille and I went onto our great shopping adventure. Destination: 168 mall in Divisoria.  With our pockets still full fresh from payday Friday, we braved the heat of the late Saturday morning and got ourselves in a thick stack along Kalentong going Manila.  We got bored to our wits in traffic. Thankfully, we stuffed ourselves earlier with a delectable brunch from our fave resto—you guessed it, Yoshi…  

Even though I didn’t get to indulge in any cardio activities in the gym, all the walking that we got ourselves into would have more than enough made up for it…hahahaha…

And how was my shopping cart? Nothing much… I didn’t get to buy much. Although I had the munny, I didn’t even attempt to splurge.  I didn’t think I’d need any of those I saw.  I got to buy some giveaways for the kids though… Rachelle had plenty of shopping bags to carry… She even went back the next day and the next day..hahahaha…Talk about shopping addictions. I know I had mine a coupla years back. I don’t know if I’m still gonna get attacks anytime soon.

Fast forward to today, for the first time in months, I got to sit down and plot my journal and daily time record for practicum… Thank God, Mam Therese is the ever understanding professor… argh, if not!  Anyway, I’m prepping myself up for my great observation/ evaluation.  I’m to schedule it and I decided to do it on the 16th and 22nd. Hmmmmh… Weirdness.  I needa exert a little more effort on the last few weeks of my stay in Wee Care. I feel as though I’ve been very lax and  very complacent…Traits I’ve always hated. Darn!  

Oh, where are you island boy when I need you most… hay!!!

Can’t wait for my sister to get here … she promised to buy me stuff..I’m gonna ask her to buy me a phone… My bro already promised me a laptop… and then I’m gonna get me that trip to Hongkong with lotsa pocket munny for my birthday …oh goody!!! Disneyland wait for me!!!

In the meantime, I’m wishing myself all the luck in the world to pass this practicum in a jiff. It’s screwing up my already crazy sked… and then there’s a thesis to think about.. hopefully, october 2006 would  mean an MA for me… and then an island boy to forget about….oh when will I ever??? Tsk,tsk…tigas ng ulo!!!

No comments: