Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the wheel deal...

Eventhough I vowed to chronicle every single eventful thing that happened to me since I started blogging again, well, guess what? I'm about a week delayed in doing so... Yup, and I'm just cutting myself some slack for slacking (hahaha!) because I was too damn tired of going around.

First up, it was sort of prophetic when I said that I need em falkens already...well, last Wednesday, after my shift at Mellow-- a flat tire said hello to me just as I was about to go home after a day's work. I couldnt use my handy dandy compressor for the car because my lighter jack blew up a few months ago, not mention my battery has been acting up thanks to the effed up automatic radiator fan which has been eating much of my current. So, I ended up driving on flat til the nearest gas station to get some air. Thanks to Nel for looking out and helping me out with the air and all... So that was fixed...I was really meaning to have it checked the next morning but not quite because it just went flat again (looking even worse). I wasn't able to go to work because of this...I had to use my remaining Dunlop reserve just to be able to drive again. But it felt kinna weird. The entire day felt kinna jittery and weird..steering was such an effort and a half... True enough the next day, I made a scene along EDSA. My tire decided to blow up...much like what happened to me the first few months of driving. I shouldve trusted my gutt feeling at the first instance but I was hoping to be positive but nothing can avert the inevitable...hahaha.. Couldnt call my dad, I knew he'd freak out...Didnt even bother telling my mom cuz she already told me to get new tires when she learned of the flat tire... And so I called my brother. He came to the rescue after an hour and some minutes. A couple of MMDA folks were quite helpful. Assisting me in parking it on the sidewalk but also pressuring me with the thought and possibility of getting towed...What??? That's an easy 1,500 they're saying... I didnt bother introducing myself from the media as I'm thinking it might work to my disadvantage. I called Glenda for help just in case towing might actually happen. But thank god, my Kuya was able to get there in time. I called my dad finally and told us to go get them falkens in Caloocan. Just as I thought my brother would know how to get there, hahahaha, uhm, we got lost. And the weather wasn't any help at all as my a/c decided to join in the fun and conked out... what the!!! So while manually clearing up the windshield and dealing with the traffic plus the floodings, we ended up taking it straight to the Nlex and even paying toll to get to Valenzuela... hahaha.. As soon as we got to a more familiar route, we decided to have lunch first before trying to look for the place again. Finally figured where it was, I got them tires...whewwww! Thank god!!! I really needed new tires else I'd have to commute to MOA that weekend for a station assignment. That Celeteque gig got me to see Dindz as she had to cover for her station and also our good bud Katrina aka Sexy Teri for dinner in Makansutra at the Manila Ocean park...

Now sporting new treads, Mcquee is supposed to be aok already. But wait!!! My a/c is still effed up!!! After trying to have it fixed for days and days, as of writing, it's still a wreck. Awwww.. It's a good thing that payday was just a few days ago. If not, geez-- I'd be forced to borrow munny from my folks.

I'm supposed to have started with the new gym, but with all my Mcquee concerns, I'd have to put it on the backseat...





1 comment:

Firoz Khan said...

Castors
Castors :-BIL Castors and Wheels manufactures and supplies castors, casters and pneumatic wheels. Great deals on casters, big savings on pneumatic wheels. Huge selection of castors for all applications
Super Auto Parts